While stanitsa sleeps
This is a love story. This is a story about free, passionate and unrestrained, unlimited love that is above any restrictions and social, financial or other inequality…
Marysya is one of the main characters of this story. A beautiful young Cossack girl grew up in the atmosphere of her father’s crazy love – any wish, any whim of her is immediately fulfilled unquestioningly. Fate brings her with a young nobleman Stepan, who comes to the village with his beloved Alena to protect the girl from the forced marriage with the rich but unloved merchant Piotr Kolevanov. The merchant is old enough to be Alena’s fathers, but this does not bother her parents – after all, such a successful party will ensure the future of their daughter and they will be able to improve their financial situation at the expense of the successful son-in-law.
However Alena ran away from home, so the family is so much disgraced that Alena can hardly count on a successful marriage or marriage at all. Kolevanov does not want to give up and decides to return the “future bride” to her father’s house and make his wife forcibly. Stepan and Alena, hiding from parental anger and going to get engaged secretly, rent a house from one of the village residents and pretend to be siblings.
To his misfortune, Stepan rescues Marysya from certain death from a fractious horse. The girl at first sight falls in love with her savior and is ready at all costs to marry a prominent guy. However she receives an explicit refusal from Stepan and decides to take revenge. This is just the beginning of the story…
- Director: Bata Nedich, Elena Tsyplakova, Alexander Mokhov, Oleg Maslennikov
- Producer: Valentin Opalev
- Operator: Konstantin Chumakov, Denis Chernyshev, Victor Lysak
- In the roles: Zoryana Marchenko, Vyacheslav Drobinkov, Daria Egorova, Ekaterina Olkina, Alexander Mokhov, Anatoly Khostikoev, Dmitry Nazarov, Olesya Zhurakovskaya, George Khostikoev, Artyom Alekseev, Dmitry Arbenin, Vladimir Goryansky, Stanislav Boklan, Eva Aveeva, Natalia Sumskaya, Dariya Piterova, Nadezhda Kostyuk-Markova, Anna Salivanchuk, Sergey Derevyanko, Alexander Kobzar, Galina Bezruk, Olga Berezhnaya, Vitaliy Ivanchenko, Yuri Yakovlev-Sukhanov, Andrey Tartakov, Alexander Getmansky, Svetlana Potanin
- Scriptwriter: Natalia Kozlovskaya, Tatyana Pavlovich, Maria Terentyeva
- Composer: Yuta, Evgeny Zaitsev
- Painter: Gennady Makhonin, Vladimir Pavlyukh, Vitaliy Yasko